Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
The Benefits of DOCSIS Pre-Equalization and Proactive Network Maintenance Part I
Episode 1 Hosted by Brady Volpe of The Volpe Firm with guest of John Downey of Cisco. Part one covers the benefits and limitations of DOCSIS Pre-Equalization and critical features in the CMTS and how they impact Proactive Network Maintenance (PNM).
- Need answers about DOCSIS Pre-Equilization (Pre-Eq)?
- Everyone's talking about PNM, but you aren't really sure what it is?
- What Pre-Equliazation is and how it works on the CMTS side
- DOCSIS Pre-Equliatzaion effects on CMTS and Cable Modem
- Cable Modem legacy
- DOCSIS version(s) overview in Cable Modem
- Difference between RF taps and Pre-Equlization taps
- Basics of Pre-EQ
For our many podcast listeners - thanks and leave your comments below. If you are watching this on youtube please hit the subscribe button and let us know what you think. We always appreciate your feedback.
Follow us on Google+ and also available on iTunes and Google Play Music see podcasts "get your tech on"