Prepping the Plant for DOCSIS 3.1
"BTR Tech Breakfast Prepping the Plant for DOCSIS 3.1"
"Part of the SCTE Media Breakfast Program
Wednesday, September 24 at 7:00am
Location: Colorado Convention Center
Attendance is FREE, but registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
Click here for more details on this breakfast presentation
Moderated by: Ron Hranac - Contributing Writer, BTR Technical Leader for Cisco Are you getting ready for DOSCIS 3.1?
The new DOCSIS 3.1 spec will bring with it a host of advantages for the cable operator in both speed and bandwidth. However, DOCSIS 3.1 roll-outs will not be "plug and play" easy in all cases.
Join BTR and its panel of experts as we explore preparations and planning inside the plant for the introduction of DOCSIS 3.1 in the coming years. BTR contributing writer and Cisco Technical Leader Ron Hranac will moderate a forum of industry veterans including:
- Ralph Brown, Chief Technology Officer, CableLabs
- Dave Feldman, Director HFC Architecture and Design, Charter Communications
- Nick Segura, Director, Technical Operations, Charter Communications
- Dean Stoneback, Director of Engineering, SCTE
- Brady Volpe, President, The Volpe Firm, Inc.
Attend and learn answers to these important questions:
- What is DOCSIS 3.1? How will it "roll out" in the operator community? What are steps along the way?
- What benefits and enhancements does DOCSIS 3.1 bring compared to earlier versions of DOCSIS?
- What plant improvements or changes might be necessary to support DOCSIS 3.1? Are there shortcuts or work-arounds?
- What are test equipment vendors doing to support the new specification?
- When can cable operators expect DOCSIS-compliant CMTSs and modems to be available?"